Becoming a Member
Non-members are welcome to attend two group meetings before committing to a membership.
New Membership Applications must be approved by our Committee.
Why become a member and what do I get for my membership?
Membership gives our group a place to meet each week, to share what we are doing, learn new skills, make new friends, support and help each other with our common love for our craft.
Membership helps our group to continue renting a good hall that is within walking distance from Como Train Station. If travelling by car there is either off street or on street parking.
The hall has air conditioning and fans with plenty of windows, a large kitchen, toilets, plenty of tables and chairs, an outdoor area for dyeing workshops and a storage area for our library and equipment resources.
Membership also gives access to:
- Borrowing books and magazines from our library.
- Hiring spinning and weaving equipment at a discounted rate.
- A regular newsletter either via email or hard copy.
- Access to our closed Facebook group where members share interesting articles, support peoples questions and share pictures of their current projects.
- Access to our Members area on this website.
- Access to discounted in house workshops run by our members.
Our membership has two parts:
- The annual membership rate is for one financial year starting 1st July and ending 30th June. For 1 year the membership fee is $45. Join after Christmas $30. Join after March $45 membership to June in the following year.
- Weekly Attendance Fee: Each week when you physically attend our meeting we ask that you sign in and pay $2
We also have a membership name badge for an extra $15 that is optional.
To become a member please provide a completed form to our committee for approval. Once approved please make your payment using one of the methods listed on the form.